Call: 844.889.9229
or Contact Us Here
How To Start A Trucking Company
Motor Carrier Trucking Authority

Motor Carrier Trucking Authority Checklist

How do I start a trucking company?

How do I get my trucking authority?

These are 2 very important questions and you can use this list to start your trucking company or feel free to download the form below and print it out for your convenience.

Decide on name and organization (llc, inc, dba, etc.) of company

Obtain Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)

Obtain a business license if your state requires this

NASTC’s New Authority Plus Services program will get you your MC and DOT numbers, BOC-3 filing, and enroll you on our Drug & Alcohol program Research Insurance quotes and decide on provider who will then file the BMC-91

Pay for your Unified Carrier Registration receipt

Pay the IRS’ Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (Form 2290) online

Once waiting period is exhausted and numbers are in authorized status, set up International Registration Plan (IRP) at your state’s commercial motor vehicle division office to obtain your apportioned plate

While at DMV, enroll authority in IFTA and get stickers for your vehicles

Set up Driver Qualification files and begin recordkeeping


Download the Motor Carrier Trucking Authority Checklist Here

Get Your Motor Carrier Trucking Authority & Learn How To Start A Trucking Company Today!

Call: 844.889.9229